[Gllug] small hard disk problem

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:59:00 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Kurt Goodliff <kurt at lokdar.co.uk> wrote:
> What does the BIOS detect the drive as?

Oddly enough, it is currently reporting 6Gb, which is the size of the
disk I took out.

It correctly clocks the disk in /dev/hda as 60Gb without issue.  I'm
wondering if there is some quirky compaq disk tools I need to run ...

All quite odd...

> Have you checked for jumpers on the original NIC if it's old enough you
> may be able to adjust the IRQ settings it's trying to use. Or have you tried
> removing the original NIC and installing two new cards this may be easier.

Both cracking ideas (to try tomorrow).

Thank you.  Very much appreciated.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk