[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Fri Oct 21 17:16:18 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 17:57, Tethys wrote:
> The masses know no better, so they'll go for
> the easy to use option. Only later will they find out (if ever) that said
> option has crippled the security of their system.

Surely not - I think most people are beginning to see its time for a new
method. When you explain the situation to most users about their security
being compromised they agree that Linux sounds a better option - but
when pressed on whether they would choose Linux - they say
things like "cor blimey guvnur i've only just learned to use my mouse"
(well they do in East London). The managers worry about the cost of training
and time spent re-educating people but dont factor in the cost of time spent
debugging a windows network.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk