[Gllug] Non-interactive sftp

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 15:34:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Steve Nelson prattled cheerily:
> Permissions on all dirs are currently:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  18 root     other        512 Oct  9 14:08 local
> drwxr-xr-x  18 root     other        512 Oct  4 16:23 home
> drwx--x--x   8 root     other        512 Oct  9 15:33 ftp
> drwx--x--x   5 tester other        512 Oct 10 12:41 tester
> drwxr-xr-x   2 tester other        512 Oct  7 16:30 in
>
> I've also trued with perms on tester and in both set to 700 and 755
>
> What should perms be?  Everything I read suggested it was a missing execute bit.

What about the perms on the .ssh directory? Getting them wrong is a
really really common error which will make SSH kick you out
unceremoniously just as you see.

--
`Next: FEMA neglects to take into account the possibility of
fire in Old Balsawood Town (currently in its fifth year of drought
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk