[Gllug] On asking and answering GNU/Linux help questions...

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 08:45:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Stephen Harker gibbered uncontrollably:
> Hear hear! I've heard of verbal diarrhea but this is getting
> ridiculous. Hands up who gets bored about a third of the way
> through...

What I find impressive is that I'm spending my spare time right now
reading things like Jane Austen's works and Susanna Clarke's amazing
book --- neither of these are exactly consise, yet Peter's stuff
*still* seems duller, even though it's generally on a subject I'm
directly interested in, where Jane Austen is not.

I am at a loss to explain this.

Hm, actually, some other things from that book seem relevant here.

`He hardly ever spoke of magic, and when he did it was like a history
lesson and no one could bear to listen to him.  He rarely had a good
word to say for any other magician...'

Peter Grandi: the reincarnation of Gilbert Norrell?

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk