[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Tue Oct 25 16:44:36 UTC 2005

On Saturday 22 October 2005 12:43, you wrote:
> he underlying structure of Linux (and all the other Unix - based
> OSs) makes it an ideal OS for a hostile networked environment.  It was
> originally designed as a multi-user, secure OS, unlike any of the MS
> offerings, where these facilities were just tagged on later.

If you reverse that logic - those who see a hostile networking environment
as an ideal situation would find a success like linux a great achievement to
crack. How ideal is Linux, that is the question - isn't?
I take your point that Linux was designed and continues to be crafted with
security inherently at its core - but surely anyone with a strong enough will
could find exploits that haven't been thought of - so can't be designed for
---- or does that show I'm a little naive and perhaps ill educated about
Linux?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk