[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Oct 25 21:26:13 UTC 2005

Chris Hunter wrote:
> This is unlike an OS like Windows - most installs are much the same, and
> an abuse of one is /very/ likely to work on another.

I don't agree with your point.  Every debian install I've ever done,
will have the same core packages as every other debian machine on the
planet.  An exploit that works on one will work on all.

Rigorous testing and timely updating of packages is an essential
underpinning to maintaining a secure system.

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk