[Gllug] MythTV with Hauppage 350 / 500 question

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 15:50:11 UTC 2005

Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 09:54 +0000, John Winters wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 09:38 +0000, Huw Lynes wrote:
>>

>>>you've got a DVB-T card that actually works?
>>
>>Yes, it works very well.  I regret I can't remember the name this
>>minute, but I can check it when I get home.  I'm told the Hauppage one
>>works too, but that's not what I've got.
>

> The Hauppage now ships with a Connexant88 chipset which I have failed to
> get working properly after 12 months of trying. I gave up when I
> realised that I actually don't watch TV any more.

mine is based on this chipset and works fine.

At the time I had to download the latest drivers

http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/cx88.html

- this page is no longer maintained - but with any luck these are now
part of the main kernel.

I still haven't gotten around to setting up the remote control - but
partly because I use MythTV so much I don't want it offline while I mess
around.

The big advantage of DVB is that it arrives ready compressed :-)

- and compressing it further (to mp4) works well enough for watching on
a portable DVD player

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk