[Gllug] Broken kernel code in Ubuntu too!

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 21:24:04 UTC 2005

On Mon 31 Oct, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> And I cannot seem to get the sound to work - not sure why. As far as I
> can see I have the volume for output tuned up...
>
> But certainly was a lot easier to install than FC4 proved to be on this
> box.

   I have not yet tried Ubuntu, but in Debian, although the first initial
user is given extra permissions an ordinary user must be given permission to
use sound.
   I sometimes notice things like "Fatal: ..... unable to load module xyz"
but it is usually just a single module. There is usually a string of reports
about missing modules during the initial installation, together with a note
that perhaps they have not yet been pulled in. It does all happen in time.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk