[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sat Oct 29 12:05:30 UTC 2005

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I am smiling just at the thought. Would that I could do that to every
> spammer! Someone spammed me from an easynet hosted address this week (it
> wasn't zombied it came straight off their mailserver - from a company
> that was based in London).

Was it by any chance Mentorn Productions?

> When I complained to easynet they sent me an automated mail that told me
> that the spammer would be simply asked not to do it again.

My opinions of Easynet are exceptionally low these days, so I'm not in the
slightest bit surprised that they're not being as proactive as other
ISPs.  If they're happy for their IP address blocks to be added and
remain in DNSBLs such as Spamhaus (and God forbid, Spews) then so be it.

Regards,

	Martyn
--
Martyn Drake              | Need web or email hosting?
martyn at drake.org.uk       | Contact me for details, including
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk