[Gllug] Any UK banks using one time passwords / secure ID tokens ?

Mike Leigh mike.leigh at hornbill.com
Mon Oct 3 16:35:58 UTC 2005

> The Halifax also inserted a clause recently saying that
> unless I deposit >= 1,000 pounds in the account each month,
> my interest reverts to 0% on the account *forever more*.
> I've been busily moving my business away from them.

I read that as I have to deposit £1,000 per month.  Not keep a balance above £1,000 per month.  That's really easy to maintain when you can deposit the funds on day 1 and then move them on day 2.  Also the account gives you 1% money back on debit card transactions for the first £10,000 and then 0.1% thereafter.  They do give you a 2 month grace period where you can fall below the £1,000.  Just so long as you don't do it consecutively.

I don't see anything wrong with the account.  How many of us pay bills everyday that can equate up to £1,000 per month and instead of putting them on a credit card for 56 days interest free why not earn 1% by using the account.

I am planning on using the account as an expense account and make sure that £1,000 goes into it every pay day and then use it for fuel, flights food etc.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk