[Gllug] Proxy recommendation

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Wed Sep 28 15:01:04 UTC 2005

I have a network set up at home where my Linux box acts as a gateway
for all other machines. Eventually it will also act as a PDC for the
windows domain.

I want to restrict the sites that certain accounts can connect to.
I.e. I want to stop the children accidentally connecting to a site
that is inappropriate. They do not normally use the PC unattended
but just in case I want to direct all their http traffic through
a proxy server. Can anyone recommend a server application I can
use that is easy to install and configure and will give me the
functionality I require?

I know absolutely nothing about this type of thing so any pointers
for background info would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk