[Gllug] KDE Konqueror Problem

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Thu Sep 8 13:15:49 UTC 2005

Ben Whyte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an interesting problem that I wondered if people could help with.
>
> I am running Debian testing and kde and konqueror has developed an odd
> problem, when you open it up to do file management, it will display the
> contents of a directory, but if you click on a directory it says it
> doesn't no what to do and what would you like to open the file using.

I did have something similar once, and having failed to find precisely
what to do, I created a new user, logged in as them and took a copy of
their newly created ~/.kde settings.

Then it was a matter of mixing my settings with the
working-but-missing-loads copy. Fiddly, but did the job.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk