[Gllug] Threaded email clients

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Sep 7 07:03:15 UTC 2005

Peter Childs wrote:
> Most people actually perfer top posting because they can see what new
> without having to scroll or read through alot of old rubbish. I've
> actually had customers complain about bottom posting.

But it's not about what most people prefer - it's about respecting local
cultures. On most technical mailing lists that I'm on, well-trimmed,
bottom posting is the norm. If you don't fit in with that culture then
you run the risk of being ignored by some of the people who could be
most useful to you on this list.

Dave...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk