[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 10:35:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, paul at thinksolution.net gibbered uncontrollably:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 16:31, Nix wrote:
>>. I went through my graphics-freak
>> ooh-look-it's-GUI-it-must-be-cool phase when I was about fifteen
>
> you continually misinterpret everything I've been saying

I can't see any misinterpretation.

> I'm just saying - and lets put a cap on it now -
> I'm just saying that these days I am more used to working with graphical
> interfaces - generally they tend to to be self explanatory. and I have a lot

Yes, I understand that. It still doesn't mean that graphical equals modern
equals better, as you've repeatedly stated.

> If you like text interfaces thats cool by me - I won't  break a sweat trying
> to tell you you're wrong. I am not adopting a flippant tone or dismissing
> your preferences - you seem to take it personally that I have a preference or
> need that is different to yours.

No, I'm just pointing out that your ideas might change if you ever need
to remotely access a system, or if you care about speed of working, or
if (when, probably, alas) the demon RSI sits on you with an iron fist.

>                                  Just how much older than fifteen are you?

I don't see why that's relevant. (Look up `argumentum ad hominem' while
you're thinking of a reason.)

>>I don't really understand what a `designed in the 90s' program should do
>>that older programs shouldn't. Should it look just like an MS Windows
>>program?
>
> It can look however it likes as long as it supports a mouse and I dont have
> spend long working out how to create and send an email - and lets not

So, in other words, you don't know what you want, but you want software
developers to read your mind nonetheless.

Excellent. Glad that's sorted out.

--
`... published last year in a limited edition... In one of the
 great tragedies of publishing, it was not a limited enough edition
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk