[Gllug] How to get exim4 to use different relays depending on target address

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Sep 18 09:36:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 17:49 +0200, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> John Winters skrev:
> > Is there a simple way of doing this please?
>
> Yup. Well, this will do arbitrary per domain routing.  Extending it to
> do per address should be trivial.
[snip exposition]

Thanks to all for the input.  Now knowing what was needed in the
eventual configuration file I was able to reverse-engineer the Debian
configuration method (it doesn't seem to be documented) and discover how
to to it the Debian way.

All you have to do on a Debian Sarge system is create a file called:

/etc/exim4/hubbed_hosts

and in that you put lines like:

myorganisation.co.uk: mailserver.myorganisation.co.uk

then restart exim4 and all works by magic.

Thanks again,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk