[Gllug] netfilter logging

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 18:18:32 UTC 2005

Doug Winter writes:

>the user log feature is what you want.  it's still horrible though.  see
>ulogd.

Yep, that seems to work. I can't get the SYSLOG output module to work,
but just giving a filename to LOGEMU works well enough (for now at least).

>> (The more I'm forced to use the horror that is iptables, the more
>> incentive I have to finish my rattables[1] project).
>
>I just want pf for linux :(

...which is basically what rattables will be -- pf syntax converted to
iptable rules. Although I may skip netfilter altogether, and go with
Jamal's tc filtering/u32 stuff instead, which looks promising, and has
even more need of a decent user interface than does iptables.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk