[Gllug] initrd images & building 2.6.x kernels

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Sun Sep 11 16:40:32 UTC 2005

> > That could well be it. Now I just have to find these patches and see.
>
> Why not use the Debian-supplied sources, which are already patched?

That was the next logical step I took...I'm downloading a package now.

There was something romantic about building a vanilla kernel, taking it
from it's orignal bz2 archive and transforming it into a nice new shiny
kernel for me to boot.

Now, as I have learned, it's just a PITA. Hopefully I can still patch it
with suspend2 stuff.

At least I'm less wary of make-kpkg. In fact, I may shortly be loving
it.

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk