[Gllug] Blown mobo?

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Thu Sep 22 14:49:54 UTC 2005

"Russell Howe" <rhowe at siksai.co.uk> writes:

> Have you visually checked the tops of all the capacitors on the board?
> Especially the ones around the CPU slot and the AGP slot...
>
> I've lost 2 boards to worn out capacitors so far...

I had our server die like that when I took my first holiday in a year or
two. Sods law: I was in India. My mobile bill from debugging the problem
remotely, sorting out a replacement machine from the available stock at
work, and guiding the guys here through getting the RAID to work was
nearly enough to have covered just flying home, fixing it, and flying
back again...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml