[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Wed Sep 7 14:59:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 15:57 +0100, paul wrote:
> Does Kmail acheive the desired effect for the
> etiquette within the Gllug forum. I just tried Mutt but
> it's too hardcore Linux for me - too retro and texty.
>
> Hopefully I will get the hang of it soon but tell me this,
> is the conversation about "top posting vs bottom posting"
> a matter of style eg: the way we put original text first
> then reply. Or is top posting about something you alter within
> the mail client?

I've never used KMail but I'm sure it's fine.. from what I've heard
about it you might enjoy Thunderbird more but give them both a go and
see what you think

Bottom posting is a ethos and a habit rather than a checkbox you tick.

Hopefully your mail client will thoughtfully put the cursor underneath
the quoted text when you hit reply but it might not.

Thanks

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk