[Gllug] Aptitude

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 23:39:42 UTC 2005

On Wed 14 Sep, Jack Bertram wrote:
eserve whatever mess you get in.

> Given I'm clearly a muppet and don't deserve to be adminning any
> computer (no offence taken, by the way) does anyone have advice for my
> original question of how I get aptitude (interactive) to recommend the
> same set of packages for upgrade as aptitude (command-line)?  Is there a
> cache-file of selections that I have to delete, or something? None of
> the menu options in aptitude appear to help.
>
> thanks,

   Aptitude first presents a few list headers, and clicking on any one will
expand the list. If I continue to select <return> on the relevant item
within the list it will expand the list to display more details until I am
able to see full details of an individual package, a list of suggested other
packages, known bugs, documentation, etc. At this point I am no longer able
to select <return> on the same item to collapse the list back, but <q> does
this. Is this what you are looking for?

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk