[Gllug] blueyonder / SuSE / DHCP problem

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Thu Sep 1 16:10:12 UTC 2005

can you flush the dns cache
on a windows machine the commands are ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release             - gets rid of the present settings
ipconfig /flushdns            - flushes the cached ip settings
ipconfig /renew                -renews the ip address with a dhcp request

- do them in that order. Dont know if the commands are
the same in Linux or not but there will be equivalents - its
a sequence designed for the purpose of dhcp clients with problems