[Gllug] initrd images & building 2.6.x kernels

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Sun Sep 11 16:29:22 UTC 2005

> Err... ok it would have been clear if I'd bothered to read your message
> properly :)

Heh, s'ok, thanks! I'm persevering with using make-kpkg seeing as that's
an education in itself.

And it's turned up something which is an extremely good point:

Warning: You are using the initrd option, that may not
work unless you have applied the initrd cramfs patch to
the kernel, or modified mkinitrd not to use cramfs by
default. The  cramfs initrd patch, is included in the
Debian supplied kernel sources, but is not present in
pristine kernel sources.
By default, I assume you know what you are doing, and I
apologize for being so annoying. Should I abort[Ny]?

Doh. I'm using vanilla kernel.org sources, no cramfs initrd patch.

That could well be it. Now I just have to find these patches and see.

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk