[Gllug] webmin substitute

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Mon Sep 19 15:04:04 UTC 2005

On Sep 16, 04:24, paul wrote:
> > This quickest way to configure DNS is to buy a copy of DNS & BIND on
> > O'Reilly press.
> >
> > Sit down one evening and start reading, within two hours you'll have a
> > good grasp of the fundamentals of DNS.
>
> I have a fairly adequate knowledge of DNS already but wanted to know if there
> wereany tools that were specifically designed for bind. The only thing I
> could find that came near was webmin which I am about to remove.
>
> Thanks for the info on the book, I will have a look at that.

If you are looking for a FOSS equivalent to the CPanel like stuff, google
for "open source Hosting Control Panel".  Which is spookily enough what
I am looking at now.  Though I agree with the comments here you need to
know what is underneath it all to get the best from it and set it up.

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 History is a vast early warning system