[Gllug] X question

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 13:53:14 UTC 2005

Hi all,

The other day I managed to get Emacs to do "make-frame-on-display" on a
different machine completely. This was so useful, that I now want to be
able to do "similar X stuff" more often.

Specific actual requirement:

how to configure a Debian box so it has 2 X's running, one on vt7 (say)
with XDMCP to a remote server, the other on vt8 (say) so I can do

DISPLAY=foo:1 xeyes

from any other machine on the same network (10.1.1.0/24), as any user,
and have it work.

Any X gurus?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk