[Gllug] [OT] IDE for C development

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu Sep 15 09:21:20 UTC 2005

Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> writes:

> Steve Nelson writes:
>
>>Have any of you had any good experience of IDE's for C development?
>>
>>Looking for some recommendations...
>
> xterm, fvwm, vi, gcc.
>
> I've yet to see the advantages of anything more integrated than that,
> and several disadvantages. If you're so inclined, you could use emacs
> instead, which fills the role of terminal, window manager and editor
> in a single bloated application.

Speaking of not having had any decent flamewars recently...

rxvt, fvwm, EMACS, gcc (actually GNU autotools which are tho SPAWN OF
EVIL as far as configuring them but, when done, are veritable angels).

The above IDE (grudgingly: IDEs) also has the advantage of being wholly
language agnostic.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely