[Gllug] [somewhat OT] IBM 5250 dumb terminals or thin clients

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Sep 28 11:37:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Richard Cohen wrote:

> Don't suppose anyone knows of a ready and/or cheap source of the
> above, to plug into an AS/400 (aka iSeries)?  The factory here uses
> quite a few and apparently dumb[1] terminals are getting hard to come
> by, and thin clients are pretty expensive.

How much are you being charged for IBM's thin clients?

As I remember they were very reasonably priced when I did the first roll
out of them in europe (using Linux as the management platform as this was
before they were officially available when I started).

I also used a Linux box with telnet to access the AS/400 without any
problem.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	 2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk