[Gllug] Does OWA rule unopposed?

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:35:12 UTC 2005

On 27/09/05, root <paul at thinksolution.net> wrote:
> Is there a Linux equivalent of Outlook Web Access (OWA).
> Its just that if my plans to replace windows email systems with Linux are to
> succeed I have to have an answer to the questionmost users have asked -
> "would I still be able to access my mail from across the internet through a
> web browser"?

The Hula Project is working on a web based email and collaboration
solution that would be the closest fix but it isn't released yet.

Squirrelmail is one of a few PHP based webmail solutions that don't
entirely suck (i.e. they are alright)

www.hula-project.org/Hula_Server
www.squirrelmail.org/

( oh, and they would both have the same functionality in most common
browsers unlike OWA )

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com