LDAP talk / IBM OpenPower launch, Sept 22nd (was Re: [Gllug] Fudcon)

Alasdair G Kergon agk at compsoc.net
Thu Sep 15 17:52:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 06:33:32PM +0100, John Southern wrote:
> Following on from the FUDcon invite (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon),
> how about an evening's food and drink off IBM, while they give you passwords
> to play with their Power servers and you get to see the new show for free?

> The details are a week tonight (22 September) from 7pm at the Planetarium.

> More on http://www.openpowerproject.org/uk

http://www.ukuug.org/events/agm2005/

UKUUG is holding a talk nearby beforehand, aiming to finish
in time for you to get to the Planetarium for the Laser Show
and the food.

  LDAP Schema Design

  Dr Andrew Findlay
  Skills 1st Ltd

  Thursday 22nd September, 6.45pm
  University College London (Cruciform Building, Lecture Room 2),
  Gower Street, London WC1E 6AE.

  It is possible to make one LDAP directory serve many applications in
  an organisation. This has the advantage of reducing the effort
  required to maintain the data, but it does mean that the design must
  be thought out very carefully before implementation starts.

  Schema is the term used to describe the shape of the directory and the
  rules that govern its content. This paper takes the reader through the
  schema design process from requirements capture to tree layout to
  entry design. Some traps and pitfalls along the way are discussed, and
  an example design is sketched out.

[This is open to all - just turn up, no need to register.
It follows the UKUUG AGM at 6.15pm.]

http://www.openpowerproject.org/uk
Open access to OpenPower servers - Beta launch

The London Planetarium - 22 September, 19:00 - 23:00

     19:00 Welcome Drinks
     20:00 Welcome
     20:05 Laser Show in Planetarium
     20:30 Drinks & Food - British & Italian
     23:00 Close

This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting new online Linux
testing environment that can provide you with the ultimate
open resource - remote access to OpenPower servers
tuned specifically to run Linux.

The OpenPower Project is an open developers' resource.

You can compile, run and test all your Linux applications on
IBM OpenPower servers in several configurations, right now.

It's your chance to be part of an online Linux initiative dedicated
to testing the latest technology that will advance the Linux cause.

You get remote, non-root, shared access via SSH to the latest
POWER5 processor-based OpenPower servers.
Compile and run your applications, test them, compare them,
whatever - it's up to you and your imagination.

Find out more about the OpenPower project and register to
access the servers at http://www.openpowerproject.org/uk

REGISTER NOW
You can register for this FREE event at
http://www.openpowerproject.org/uk
Places are limited so reserve your place early.
We hope you will be able to join us and look forward to
meeting with you on the 22nd September.
Kind regards

OpenPower Project Event Co-ordinator
The OpenPower Project is an initiative of IBM.(c) 2005 IBM Corporation.
IBM and the IBM logo are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States,
other countries or both. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or
service marks of other companies. All rights reserved.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk