[Gllug] [OT] TFT displays

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 18:00:26 UTC 2005

Jim Bailey writes:

>I was at the Design Museum a few weeks ago drooling over their rather
>nifty collection of chairs.  One of their exhibits had a demonstration
>of a new black paint 25 times blacker than normal blacks so your wait
>may be over. :)

Extra black paints have been around for ages, and are used for things
like coating the insides of sensitive optical instruments. I looked
into getting some for a car a while back, and then decided against it
when I saw the price. At the time it was around a quarter of a million
pounds for enough to cover one square metre -- which is a bit out of
my price range :-)

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk