[Gllug] [OT] TFT displays

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 12:36:36 UTC 2005

On 9/24/05, Benedikt Heinen <gllug at ml.icemark.net> wrote:

> I've been (sort-of) browsing around for a TFT display recently, and I'm
> looking for some recommendations from people that might have bought some
> recently...
>
> Any particularly good ones to mention?

This is almost an FAQ - perhaps after this latest round we should put
up a TFT recommendations doc somewhere.

A quick search of the archives shows this was answered in depth in
March this year and December last year on this list.  Admittedly
thinks might have changed since then...

I think the March thread was actually started by me (which is why I
remember it) - March 2nd I believe.

> Primarily, I'm looking for a TFT that can run 1600x1200 or higher - so
> much for the easy part.  But is there one that can do this resolution but
> ALSO double up as a TV?   (It seems that you either get a good hi-res
> display, or you get a TFT TV that CAN accept PC signals, but only offer
> crappy resolutions then)...

I think I've seen some sharp models that offer good resolution and act as a TV.

>     Benedikt

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk