[Gllug] Giving mutt a try

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at uk.clara.net
Wed Sep 21 10:50:50 UTC 2005

Richard Turner wrote:
> The software line-up:
>  * fetchmail
>  * postfix
>  * procmail
>  * spamassassin
>  * mutt

The last thing I'd want to do is start a silly MTA flame-war, but I'm
confused why anyone would choose to use the horror that is Postfix in a
new installation. I could understand it if you knew nothing else and had
used nothing else for decades, but Exim can replace $mta+procmail and
it's newer (irrelevant, I know) and much more functional, and might be
more recommended to start out with these days. ditto Sendmail.

I probably don't have enough info to make this sort of judgement though,
I just like banging the Exim drum :-)

</£0.02>

>  * vim (I'm only just beginning to learn this too)
I feel your pain.

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk