[Gllug] Blown mobo?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Sep 22 14:50:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 14:24 +0000, SteveC wrote:
[snip tale of woe]
> Any ideas on how to test the memory? Anyone willing to put said memory
> in an old mobo and see if it works, or something?

To lose one memory chip may be considered a misfortune; to lose two
looks like carelessness.

I've moved a lot of memory around in my time and it's more robust than
they'd have you believe.  Two (three?) faulty modules is unlikely enough
to make me look elsewhere.  You've probably disturbed something else
which is causing your problem.  Have you for instance dislodged the
video card?  Try removing and re-seating it.  Likewise with anything
else which might have come detached.

HTH
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk