[Gllug] blueyonder / SuSE / DHCP problem

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Thu Sep 1 14:35:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:09:25 +0100, Mark Williams
<mark at mewilliams.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having problems obtaining an IP address from blueyonder via DHCP:

Snip

I had the same problem with a dlink wireless router and friends Blueyonder
box.  It just would not get an IP from the dhcp server.  Putting the
existing windows PC on the box always got one.

Then it just worked and has always continued to do so!

The only thing I thought of was it wouldn't reissue one until after a
certain period.  Try turning the box off for a while then trying again?

When I rang tech support they said they wouldn't help on the free help as
it wasn't their wireless router.  Suggested I called the £1 a minute
line......

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk