[Gllug] cdrom writing

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:10:45 UTC 2006

I'm having a bit of a problem with CD rom writing, I do it very
irregular and when I need to do it I expect it just to work. However
currently loading k3b freezes my linux box running Debian etch.
I think it may have crashed when I upgraded to 2.6 but I'm not sure as
it was some weeks between needing to using the cdrom writing and doing
that upgrade.
cdrecord -scanbus returns some stupid message about problems with 2.5
and above and not like ide-cdrom...
Where do I start. Like most things on computers thinks don't just work
Normally I'm quite good with computers and it was working last time I looked.

Any ideas?

Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk