[Gllug] Mysterious reboots

will will at willj.net
Tue Apr 4 12:07:36 UTC 2006

Matthew Cooke wrote:
> I'd try variations of:
>
> If using an SMP kernel try a non-SMP kernel.

Currently running an SMP kernel on a single CPU machine (FC5 default
configuration).  I could try a non SMP kernel.

> Removing all PCI cards and any USB devices that aren't essential.
> Changing the graphics card or using onboard if available.

the network is a mothermoard onboard one, the only expansion card is the
graphics card and there are no USB devices connected.

> I had an Athlon that intermittently crashed like this, I think it was a
> graphics card issue - but it could be many things...

It was running fine on the same graphics card with FC5 test3.  I have
another card I can test with though.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk