[Gllug] Source for quality 24/7-duty cycle SATA drives?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Apr 19 05:35:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Mike Brodbelt mused:
> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 19:10 +0100, Nix wrote:
>
>> but nonetheless I have managed to avoid losing any
>> of my data since, oh, 1987. Despite having no backup media due to lack
>> of money for ten years...)
>
> Shhhhhh. They're out there you know, just listening for things like
> that...... Now go sacrifice another goat :-)

I lost two disks in a one week period in Feb. Now I use RAID-5 ;)

(But I still lost no data. The disks died slowly enough that I could
push their contents onto NBDs on other machines and run in that
decidedly wobbly state until I could get new disks.)

--
`On a scale of 1-10, X's "brokenness rating" is 1.1, but that's only
 because bringing Windows into the picture rescaled "brokenness" by
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk