[Gllug] LUG Newb alert

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:05:50 UTC 2006

Hello all. I joined the mailing list a few days ago and thought Id say hi.
Ive been meaning to join a lug for ages now and remembered when
listening to Lugradio.
So a bit about myself.

Im 26 years old and living in Sutton. I am a programmer and sys admin
for a bioanalytical company in south london. Ive been using linux
since Redhat 5. I run Ubuntu at home and on my workstation at work and
CentOS systems for our proxy/gateway/firewall/vpns at work. I have
recently starting using Ruby and am in the first stages of making a
program to help teachers with their reporting (my girlfriend is a
teacher and when I saw the rubish she has to use I thought I could do
better).

I read that you have a meeting on the 18th so Ill try and make it to
say hello and ill turn up for a drink when you next have a pub meet if
you'll have me :)

Hope to see you all soon,

Tom Beckett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk