[Gllug] apache question

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Apr 16 09:10:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 10:17:55AM +0200, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Alain Williams wrote:
>
> Sounds to me like you would be better off using some kind of File
> Transfer Protocol.  Ideally some kind of system where there is no
> concept of executing content because all files are treated equally.

The trouble with that is that most people would not be able to cope with
that. What they have is a mailbox that they can with attached files &
get a mail back with URLs that they can paste into mails that they
send to the list.

I had enough problems getting most of them to realise that multi megabyte
attachments is not a good idea.

> I just bet there's a program out there that does this, somewhere....

I searched & failed, which is why I wrote my own.

BTW:

I realised that I was opening myself up to cross site scripting problems,
so I had to add a few more suffixes:

	AddType text/plain .php .pl .cgi .html .shtml .htm .xhtml .xht .css .sgml .sgm .xml .xsl

BTW2: Happy Easter everyone:

	http://fun.phcomp.co.uk/pics/Easter-card_1.jpg

	http://fun.phcomp.co.uk/pics/Easterbunny.pps

--