[Gllug] I can't work out if this guy is a genius troll or just a complete fool

Emon mail_emon at gawab.com
Thu Apr 27 15:35:04 UTC 2006

will wrote:
> "I'm talking about a project called 'Linux', something you may not have
> encountered, but might do some day. It's a computer program that was
> initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable
> copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group."
>
> http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/linux-european-threat-to-our-computers.html
>

> Scarily amusing.

Hi Will

Thanks for the link. I am just writing this mail to waste some time,
hope you won't mind :)

Wasn't much impressed with the article, probably written by some
xenophobic zealot, but the comments were priceless :D

Being a humor prone guy I just couldn't resist sharing a few of the
comments with you guys, again hope you won't mind...

Emon
Still giggling :) :)

*********************
     Just to say, I'm glad other people are picking up on the insidious
threat of Linux - would you believe that most of the people involved in
the project are actually fairly naive and believe that actually they're
being altruistic in creating a free, stable, effective operating system?

     A friend of mine installed Linux on his laptop recently, buying
into the hype, and it actually caused his screen to slowly melt! The
manufacturer have refused a refund, explaining that the video drivers in
Linux are so poorly written that they cause the screen's backlight to
run at the power of an industrial laser - they said he was lucky not to
have been burned!

     Don't listen to all the Linux-supporters above, they're probably
just pinko commies who eat babies for breakfast.

     God bless America!

     Experts say that 9 out of 10 Linux users have homosexual fantasies.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk