[Gllug] emails & helo

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 09:22:57 UTC 2006

On Mon 17 Apr, Chris Bell wrote:

> On Sun 16 Apr, Anthony Newman wrote:
> >
> > Chris Bell wrote:
> > >
> > >    The bit that fails is the helo response; instead Exim4 gives the helo
> > >
> > > MyMailserver.MyLocalDomain
> > >

> > Do you have primary_hostname set to what you wish Exim to announce? It
> > will default to the machine hostname otherwise.
> >
> > Ant
>

>    I have tried again, see what happens this time. I have even tried
> reconfiguring 'helo_data' before.

   I am using the standard Debian Sarge concept of a single configuration
file for exim4 at /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf and added the line

dc_primary_hostname='overview.d.c.u'

   I then ran update-exim4.conf as instructed in the file.

   I have now run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" to try again.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk