[Gllug] OT: unix on windows

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 00:15:37 UTC 2006

On 15/04/06, Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com> wrote:
[Notes]
> Plus there is one client for both Windows and Mac (and soon Linux) and
> the server runs on multiple OS's.

I'll believe the Linux client when I have it in my cold, dead hands...
or something.

I was told by an IBM rep at a one-day conference in London about, ooh,
6 years ago, that the client would be released that year.

Of course, if people would JUST FSCKING USE OPEN STANDARDS it wouldn't
be an issue, would it?

Oh, for the record, how about a dedicated AS/400 running Domino,
acting as a mail server for about 35 people, and having a small enough
mailstore - because it's not 'disk', it's 'IBM storage' - that no-one
can store old mail on the (backed-up, maintained) server, but have to
store it on their PCs instead.

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk