[Gllug] cdrom writing

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 14:57:45 UTC 2006

On 02/04/06, Stuart Sears <stuart at sjsears.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 09:10, Peter Childs wrote:
> > I'm having a bit of a problem with CD rom writing, I do it very
> > irregular and when I need to do it I expect it just to work. However
> > currently loading k3b freezes my linux box running Debian etch.
> > I think it may have crashed when I upgraded to 2.6 but I'm not sure
> > as it was some weeks between needing to using the cdrom writing and
> > doing that upgrade.
> > cdrecord -scanbus returns some stupid message about problems with 2.5
> > and above and not like ide-cdrom...
> knowing exactly what that message is would probably help.
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart
> --
> Stuart Sears RHCA, RHCX
> "It's today!" said Piglet.
> "My favorite day," said Pooh.
>

> --

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2005
Joerg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.15-1-k7
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot
open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .

If that helps

Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk