[Gllug] problem opening folders

Peter Hunter peterslinuxbox at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 23 17:06:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I hope you can help. After having been away from Linux for what seems
like years, I have been given a copy of Linspire 5.0 so I thought this
is a good opportunity to get back on.

I have installed linspire on my laptop. Everything went smooth. E-Mail
works OK, as does Internet. However, when I click on any of the icons on
the desktop, or folders on the desktop, I get a box on the screen. Along
the top is a gig red  X and Sorry - KDesktop. Underneath that it says
´KLauncher could not be reached via DCOP´.  Any ideas as to what this
means and how I overcome it? I am logged on as administrator.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk