[Gllug] Re: Asterisk

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Apr 4 17:07:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 17:36 +0100, Andy McGarty wrote:
[snip]
> I use the X100p clone and although I don't use it for outbound (I use
> www.voiptalk.org) it is used for all my inbound calls and its fine.
> Sometimes people get thrown by the double dialtone (BT rings, asterisk
> answers, rings my voip phone).  I use a voip adaptor and my old handsfee
> handsets.

You can avoid the double ring tone by not answering the BT line until
the intended recipient answers.  Of course Asterisk then doesn't get the
opportunity to listen for incoming faxes, but if you're not using that
line for incoming faxes then it makes sense not to Answer().

Which VoIP adaptor are you using?

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk