[Gllug] Intel netport express hacking potential

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 1 13:37:59 UTC 2006

I bought one of these things - an old one from about 1996 - for 99p on
ebay. Who can resist a computer for less than a quid?

I don't really have much need for a print server - I bought it out of
curiosity. The manuals say it is possible to flash the firmware but
googling suggests nobody has tried anything fun.

Anybody know otherwise? Or can they give me a really convincing reason
why using a print server and lpr is better than cups on my main
on-all-the-time server on my home network?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk