[Gllug] Re: How to setup mysql for mythtv

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Thu Apr 13 06:02:14 UTC 2006

Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 01:37:31AM +0600, Emon wrote:
>
>>Simon Morris wrote:
>>
>>root at magic-box:/home/jadukor# su - mysql
>>
>>mysql at magic-box:~$ mysql
>>Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>>Your MySQL connection id is 122 to server version: 4.1.14
>>
>>Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>>
>>mysql>
>>*******************
>>

>>>No point worrying about the errors from the MythTV side of things
>>>until you know MySQL is running correctly.
>>
>>Couldn't agree more :)
>>
>>So.. does this mean mysql is running ok??? & I can start nagging about
>>mythtv :)
>

> nope! not until you try the other link I mentioned before:
>
> mythtv specific mysql installation/setup:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html
>
> ben.

Hi again everyone

After going through the docs & howtos on mysql/mythtv; I have finally
been able to (somehow) setup mythtv (phew...). A couple of problems
though..... which I did not face while using "tvtime"

1)
I don't get sound

2)
mythtv always runs in fullscreen mode, there seems to be no, window
mode!! There ...is... a  window mode but that's for the GUI only not for
viewing TV.

3)
This is the configuration I used while using tvtime.....

Television Standard: PAL
Channel Frequency Table: france

Although I live in Dhaka,Bangladesh!! "Channel Frequency Table: france"
seems to detect the maximum number of channels!!!... I don't have a clue
why this is so?? I found it to be so through trial & error.
More over no other application can detect as many channels as "tvtime"
can... not even mythtv (or kdetv) even with the above settings.
As for xawtv... I just couldn't understand how to configure it.

Can anyone please shed some light on the above issues

Thanks again everyone
Emon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk