[Gllug] Linux Desktop PC for 150 quid (Not ADV)

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 16:37:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:33:31PM +0100, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone looking for cheap Linux desktops PC?
>
> A colleague (who has been lurking on here for a while but didn't want
> this to be his first post :o) ) has just sent me this link
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?product_uid=89079
> Celeron-D 315 2.26GHz 256MB 40GB CD LAN LINUX + OOo
>
> Doesn't say which distro but it's about £50 cheaper than the equivalent
> Windows tax machine from the same place.

Looks like the manufacturer also does laptops:

http://www.esysdistribution.com/products/epc_linux.asp

Not much mention of monitors on the specs for the PCs, which could
almost double the price.

I do like the spec for the ePC317N:

* Linux Open Office
* 128MB DDR 400 SD RAM

My guess would be that it runs Lindows^H^H^H^Hspire, and 128Mb with
openoffice and an X desktop environment probably isn't going to be much
fun.

Still, it's nice to see them listed.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk