[Gllug] Remounting readonly fails

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Apr 4 22:05:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, t. clarke stipulated:
> Sure it isnt something silly like a shell having a directory on /usr
> as its 'curent working directory'   (hwoever this SHOULD show up in 'fuser').

That's most likely, yes.

Theoretically you can have file descriptors in transit across
unix-domain sockets holding things like this open, and they'd show
nowhere under /proc/*/fd, and so fuser wouldn't show them... but this is
*not* a likely case by any means (I've only seen it myself when I've
forced it to happen).

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk