[Gllug] recomend color lasar linux printer?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Apr 9 16:43:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Richard Jones wrote:

> > I have a Lexmark C510 which I got for a couple hundred quid. It is a
> > postscript printer and I am very happy with the output.
>
> Cheapest toners I can find for this printer range in the GBP 80-100
> range PER COLOUR - or am I looking in this wrong place?

I bought mine from Viking Direct - http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/ who
were cheaper than anyone else. I think I paid £50 per toner.

Yes it's a lot but that's for 6000 or more pages. I think 3.3p per page is
pretty good for colour printing.

The printer has been reliable, etc for me. I've changed the black toner
but the CMY ones are still the ones supplied with the printer so I have
those replacements in hand. I've been using the printer a lot.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk