[Gllug] disk problems

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 22:05:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Russell Howe murmured woefully:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:03:53AM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> I tend
>> to have to reboot at least once a month. (How *embarrassing*, even if
>> it *is* generally for a kernel upgrade.)
>
> So you haven't fancied giving kexec a try yet, then? :)

That's still rebooting in my eyes: your state goes poof and things have
to be restarted. I don't give a damn about the uptime figure per se:
I've seen my quieter systems scrape 2000 days uptime in the past and
nothing special happened, no choirs of angles or vikings or anything,
quite unlike what I'd been given to believe happened. So now I say sod
uptime for itself.

--
`On a scale of 1-10, X's "brokenness rating" is 1.1, but that's only
 because bringing Windows into the picture rescaled "brokenness" by
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk